Criminal Defense Lawyer Lynne Torgerson, Esq.
Criminal Defense Lawyer Lynne Torgerson has practiced law for more than twenty-nine years. Furthermore, she graduated from the University of Minnesota with a double major, with degrees in Political Science and Psychology. Additionally, Lynne graduated from the William Mitchell College of Law, obtaining a Juris Doctor degree, and graduated with Honors.
While at William Mitchell, Ms. Torgerson was a member of Law Review, and a participant in the Honorable Rosalie Wahl Moot Court Competition. During this time frame Ms. Torgerson. was also a Judicial Intern with the Honorable Henry W. McCarr, Hennepin County District Court.
In addition, Lynne was the recipient of the Honorable Charles Amdahl Scholarship. After graduating from law school, Ms. Torgerson obtained a coveted position as a Law Clerk for the Honorable Ralph J. Geffen, United States Magistrate Judge, United States District Court, Central District of California, in downtown Los Angeles, California.
Minnesota Criminal Defense Lawyer Lynne Torgerson
Ms. Torgerson is the founder and owner of TORGERSON CRIMINAL DEFENSE in Minneapolis, where she practices in the area of criminal defense. For over 29 years, Lynne has practiced and honed her skills in criminal defense in Minnesota. With that said, she certainly has the experience you need, and she knows her way around a courtroom.
While in law school, Ms. Torgerson wanted to go into the area of criminal defense, primarily for two reasons. First, she has always held dear the Constitution and the Bills of Rights. The Bill of Rights protects various rights, such as:
- Your rights against unreasonable searches and seizures
- Your right to remain silent
- Your right to a fair trial
- Your right to a speedy trial
- Your right to counsel
- Your right to confront your accusers in open court
- Your right to subpoena witnesses in on your behalf
- Your right to a public trial
- Your rights to freedom of speech and religion
- Your rights against cruel and unusual punishment to name a few
Second, she has a heart of mercy for her clients. So, she has a desire to help you. To endure a legal crisis is not easy, but Lynne Torgerson can help. An arrest often leads to mortifying and distressing situations. In such trying times, a tough and reputable Minnesota criminal lawyer like Lynne Torgerson can help you explore the best possible options.
Finding the right Minneapolis or St. Paul criminal defense lawyer can take the pressure off your shoulders to a great extent. Ms. Torgerson’s clients have told her that.
Recognized as Minnesota’s “Criminal Defense Attorney of the New Millennium”
- State Bar of Minnesota
- Minnesota Court of Appeals
- Minnesota Supreme Court
- United States District Court, District of Minnesota
- Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals
- State Bar of California – Resigned
- California Court of Appeals – Resigned
- Supreme Court of the State of California – Resigned
- United States District Court, Central District of California – Resigned
- United States Supreme Court
- Clerk to the Honorable Ralph J. Geffen, United States Magistrate Judge, United States District Court, Central District of California
- The Honorable Minnesota Supreme Court Douglas K. Amdahl Scholarship Recipient
- Law Review Member
- Juris Doctor, With Honors
- Judicial Intern to the Honorable Henry McCarr, Hennepin County District Court Judge
- Moot Court
- Mock Trial Judge
- Awarded an Attorney of the Year, Minnesota Lawyer
- Won case at the United States Supreme Court, via denial of certiorari
- Living Word Christian Center
- Alpha Omicron Pi
- The Holy Roman Catholic Church
- The Hennepin Lawyer, New to the Bench, Judge Jeannice Reding, Jul. 2006, Vol. 75, No. 7
Minnesota Criminal Defense Lawyer Lynne Torgerson awarded Top 100 Criminal Defense Lawyers by National Trial Lawyers Association.
Top 10 Criminal Defense Attorneys for Client Satisfaction 2016 to 2019, American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys, and Top 10 Criminal Defense Attorneys 2019, Attorney & Practice Magazine.
If you find yourself charged in a criminal case, whether federal or local, and you seek representation in Minneapolis or throughout the state of Minnesota, contact Lynne Torgerson today for your free consultation.