Aggravated assault lawyer
Aggravated assault is an assault that allows for severe punishment due to its seriousness. Many factors determine whether an assault will be raised to an aggravated assault, such as: the use of a weapon, a victim’s injury status, the perpetrator’s intent in the assault, and the degree of injury. Assaults that take place inside a victim’s home may be considered aggravated. Seeking the representation of an assault attorney in Minneapolis, Minnesota like Lynne Torgerson can help.
Assault charges are defined differently in each state. Examples of aggravated assaults include:
- Striking an individual with a weapon or an object
- Assaulting a member of a protected class (i.e., police officer, elderly person, etc.)
- Assault resulting in physical injury
- Shooting or threatening an individual or individuals with a gun
- Assault while concealing one’s identity
- Intent of committing another crime
If you’ve been charged with aggravated assault, you could face the following (but not limited to):
- Your crime could go on your personal record
- Serving time in prison
- Possible death penalty depending on your state
- No longer able to obtain a license for a deadly weapon or firearm
- Having to pay restitution for damages or injuries
If you’ve been accused of aggravated assault, or you feel that you were wrongfully charged, contacting an assault defense lawyer like Lynne Torgerson from Minneapolis is a step in the right direction to making sure that your name remains clean and you won’t have to serve any jail time. However assault charges were prompted against you, it is always in your best interests to retain an attorney immediately with a track record of defending those accused of assault.
Call (612) 339-5073
If you find yourself facing an assault charge and you reside in Minneapolis or anywhere in the state of Minnesota, contact an assault lawyer, assault defense attorney, Lynne Torgerson, Esq. at (612) 339-5073 for a consultation and representation.